Senior Updates 9th December

Senior Updates 9th December

There were 4 senior teams out this weekend.

First off were the Youths on Saturday at home to St.Brendans Park in the final of the Kerry section of the Munster Youths Cup. This was a tough encounter with the weather conditions not helping. Despite having all the early possession and playing some great football, it was Park who struck first mid way through the first half. But before the break, Jack O’Leary pulled the goal back with a composed finish to leave the sides level at half time. The second half saw Killorglin getting on top and despite Park hitting the woodwork, Eoin Clifford deservedly put Killorglin ahead with about 15 minutes to go. It looked like we were going to see the game out before a fast break and emphatic finish from Park brought the game to extra time. No goals in the first period, but at the start of the second, Evan Madden got the decider to give Killorglin a magnificent victory. They now face Douglas Hall in the last 16 of Munster.

The As had a challenge game Saturday evening against Premier A side Tralee Dynamos. Both teams missing a few players but it was a good run out with Killorglin winning 5-1. A Lee Carey hatrick and also goals from Brendy Breen and Tommy Cahill.

The B’s were away to Killarney Athletic on Sunday morning in the league. With Athletic one place and one point below Killorglin in the table it was vital that Killorglin got something out of the game. The 1st half was fairly uneventful with all the goals coming in the 2nd. It was Athletic that took the lead in the 56th minute with Keith Curtin getting Killorglin back on level terms in the 68th. Athletic thought they had the 3 poits in the bag when they took the lead again with 5 mins remaining but 3 mins into added time a Mitchell O’Sullivan long throw found Mike O’Donoghue who levelled the game. So an important point to keep Mike Griffins men out of the relegation zone.

Finally on Sunday afternoon the Cs were at home to Annascaul/Inch who had 4 wins and a loss from their first 5 games. The game was played in the Killorglin astro pitch in front of a decent crowd (mostly the A’s and B’s..much appreciated lads) Similar to the Bs game there were no goals in the 1st half and with 4 goals coming in the 2nd half. Manus Gallagher with a super clearance off the line from an Annascaul corner the main talking point of the 1st half. 3 minutes into the 2nd half, Annascaul were awarded a penalty which they converted. To be fair, Killorglin probably edged the game up to that point. Then in the 73rd minute Annascaul were 2 up with a wonder strike from about 30 yards giving Chris O’Connor no chance in the Killorglin goal. With 15 mins left Killorglin pushed on and Kieran O’Shea with a fine pass found Aiden O’Sullivan in space and with a terrific strike he got one back for the home team. Killorglin made some changes bringing in Kevin Falvey, Mike Carey and Dean Callan and it was young Dean who levelled the game with 5 mins left with his 1st goal for the seniors. A Kieran O’Shea free found Darren Curtayne at the back post. His header was saved but Callan banged home the rebound. A great result in a very entertaining game. A busy weekend but 2 wins and 2 draws – we’ll take that.

That’s all for this weekend for all the results, tables and fixtures check out

Comments are closed.